Venous Leg Ulcer - 56-day Treatment
- A female patient with presented with a venous leg ulcer present for 7 years.
- The wound had been previously treated with AQUACEL™ Extra, AQUACEL™ Foam dressings and compression bandaging.
- On 7th June 2017, the Avelle™ NPWT System was applied using the 16cm x 21cm dressing. Prior to the dressing application, the wound measured 6.5cm x 4.5cm x 0.25cm and presented with moderate levels of exudate and was granulating. The peri-wound skin was assessed to be healthy.
Management & Results
- After 19 dressing changes, one replacement pump and 56 days of treatment, the wound had sufficiently progressed to be treated with AQUACEL™ Extra and AQUACEL™ Foam.
- The patient experienced no pain on the application of the system, during wear and only a small amount of pain (score 1 on the EVA scale) upon dressing removal.
- At the end of the evaluation period, the level of granulating tissue present in the wound bed had increased and the condition of the wound and peri-wound skin had improved.